Reasons To Hire An Investigator For A Child Custody Case
January 14, 2019
Are you in the middle of a custody battle?
If you are fearful for the health and/or safety of your child/children, you probably want to do everything you can to make sure all the facts are brought to the proverbial table. After all, a judge won’t grant (or revoke) custody based on hearsay. There must be evidence of some kind. That’s where a child custody private investigator can help. You may be surprised to learn just how invaluable a private investigator is regarding the outcome of your child custody case.
Why Hire a Private Investigator?
If you suspect your children are not safe when they are with their other parent, it may be time to consider hiring a private investigator, but what exactly would be an unsafe situation? If you think your child is being physically and/or emotionally abused, a private investigator can provide evidence to help you make your case.
Other situations that may benefit from the services of a private investigator include:
- A child who is exposed to drug use
- A child who is exposed to alcohol abuse
- A child who is neglected and/or who lives in a dangerous environment
- A child whose basic needs are not being met
What Will a Private Investigator Look into?
Because a private investigator is looking to make sure your child is safe, the investigation will focus on:
- The home environment (is it safe, loving, etc.?)
- Morality of the parent
- Drug and alcohol abuse
- Criminal record
- Parenting skills
- The basic needs of the child including food, shelter, clothes and education
- The presence of violence (both physically and emotionally)
Can Grandparents Hire a Private Investigator?
Yes! Sometimes it is the grandparents who are fighting for sole custody, and we can certainly help if you think your grandchild is in danger.
How to Use the Information Provided by a Private Investigator
There are three ways to use the information from a private investigator:
- To provide proof that your child is not safe with the other parent: Say you suspect your child is exposed to illegal drug use and your private investigator provides proof that your suspicions were correct. You now have the evidence that is needed to fight for full custody.
- To feel at-ease when your child is with the other parent: If the investigations provide no evidence of physical or emotional abuse or neglect, you can feel more relaxed when your child spends time with the other parent. In this case, the investigation gives you peace of mind. The most important thing to remember is that a private investigator provides you with facts. It is these facts that can either help you in your custody battle or help you feel more comfortable.
- To clear your name: In the emotional turmoil of a divorce and/or custody battle, you might be falsely accused of improper behavior. By hiring a private investigator, a good report can help clear your name and show that you provide a safe, loving home and interact peacefully with your child.
Courtesy : https://www.arkusinvestigators.com/blog/reasons-to-hire-an-investigator-for-a-child-custody-case/